Tube Fabrication Vendor Reduction Initiative
At Sanborn Tube Sales of Wisconsin, Inc. we pride ourselves on providing creative ideas and custom solutions to our customers' supply chain challenges. The tube fabrication reduction initiative began as an effort to supply better raw material to our clients. While we were consulting with a customer in the hydraulic fluid assembly industry, it quickly became apparent that we could save them considerable time and money by providing the materials complete to print. In addition, it also allowed our customer to complete an entire job with a single purchase order. This highly effective program combines the management of raw material purchase, the fabrication process, finished goods inventory, and the delivery schedule. We were able to eliminate five vendors for this customer and added an inventory management program as part of the completed part package, streamlining and economizing our client's workflow.
To learn more about this innovative process, see the table below or contact us directly.
Project Highlights of a Tube Fabrication Vendor Reduction Initiative
- Product Description
- Cut to length carbon steel, DOM tube that gets flared, heat treated, and plated.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Primary: Cutting / End Forming / Heat Treating / Plating
Secondary: Inventory Management
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- CNC Cold Saw / End Forming Machine
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 2.000" OD up to 3.250" OD
- Tightest Tolerances
- Cut Length Tolerance +/-.008"
- Material Used
- Material Finish
- In process testing/inspection performed
- CMM / Faro Arm - Incoming Inspection
- Industry for Use
- Hydraulic Fluid Assemblies
- 10,000 pcs to 50,000 pcs/yr
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 2nd Day Delivery
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer supplied print, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Tube Fabrication Vendor Reduction Initiative
Back to Top